A good exercise with OGlam Models


Around the middle of September, I was able to take some raw snapshots of a fashion show by OGlam Models.

As far as I could see, this was a showcase of a jewelry brand. I also noticed that it didn't seem to have any outfit designer showcased; all models were wearing outfits from several SL designers. I then assumed that models styled themselves. If this was the case, this is a good exercise for all SL Models to do. Without naming the models, and in no particular order, here are the six models that showcased the jewelry and we may have a couple of issues to address, when it comes to SL professional models:

- How did they style themselves? Was the outfit the best to showcase the jewelry sets properly?

- How did they pose? Were the poses good to enhance the showcased jewelry and also to enhance elegance?


I couldn't take photos of all the models in all sets. There seemed to be 4 sets for each model to showcase, but SL limitations - like crashing and lag, which is natural - didn't allow me to photograph all sets of all the models. I did my best tough. What you'll see are the six models in the 4 sets of jewelry they showcased. The first photo of each model was more casual, then 'upgrading' to a more formal look - still showcasing jewelry. It was also vintage themed and the set was very well built, in my opinion. There was a tv, where all models posed and they came out of the tv screen to the runway.
Black and white tones seemed to be a requirement as all models were wearing these two tones in their outfits.

Let's see your personal opinions. Were all these goals achieved by all models? Which of these models - shown in my non-editted photos (so, no effects at all) - did a good job, posing, styling, showcasing jewelry and being elegant while doing so? If you didn't watch this show, and without naming models, your opinions may be less biased and we can really know how you feel, professionally.


Model 1







Model 2





Model 3






Model 4





Model 5






Model 6



As I mentioned before, I couldn't take photos of the 4 sets of each model. These are the SL limitations, we can't do anything about. Even so, it's a good exercise to do.

No comments: