Swansong AVENUE Show

This was - how can I put it - a WOW Fashion Show!!!!
I was absolutely astonished by all the creativity that surrounded me!
As a Second Life Fashion Critique, my job is to look at SL Models and actually see what they do, how they move with the tools SL gives them and you can be sure, some of them do take it seriously!
This Show was an excellent example of that: the professionalism in the Fashion Industry inside Second Life!

If you didn't see this Show, my photos won't even give you the slightest idea, because there was the sim itself, the music that AVENUE CEO was streaming, the outfits, the Models' moves on the runway and all that can't be shown in a capture. You had to be there and live through this experience!

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! This is the reason why I get so sad and nasty sometimes! If some people can work like this in Second Life, why can't everybody in the Fashion Industry? Make it worth while.
Make it professional!

There are issues in a Show like this, obviously. One of them is lag, needlees to say. I did my best to shoot these SL Models the best way I could and I cannot be 100% sure that some of the mistakes (some) I saw was not caused by lag or the slow movements of my own camera.

But just take a look at this. You'll see what I mean. My raw photos can give you an idea of what I mean: a great group working together - the sim itself and what surrounded us, the Second Life Designers' creativity and AVENUE Model Agency - Models and Staff.

It was magical, it was elegant, it was fashionable, it was creative. The photos you'll see are not in the Show order; it's just a way for you to see what a professional group of people in SL can do.


This is Haruka Kish


Just look at the creativity of the designs itself and how Haruka showed the outfits. Clean and simple! Great!









This is Jarl Soderstrom
It's easier for a Model - real life or Second Life - when the designer helps with an amazing creativity. And with a SL Model like this, absolutely gorgeous!!
Magical, isn't it? And Jarl did great!!

Awesome!!





This is Mavi Beck








This was the only mistake I could see in Mavi, the poses could be more creative in this set, along with the Show. Next one, the hands could be up.

For some reason, in the last set, Mavi had a smile on. I don't understand why. Can accept lag, it was terrible actually.




This is Poptart Lilliehook
Great SL Model!! Clean, creative in the pose choice!! Very styled!!












This is Seashell Dench
Excellent work with posing, for each set, the poses were excellent and fitted the "subject" of the outfit! Very elegant and clean!

See how an "armpit pose" (which I hate to see in SL Models) was carefully chosen to be used with a certain type of design and outfit? What could be a disastrous choice, as a pose, was perfect here!
It was all magical!!







No words needed.


Again, poses carefully chosen, homework done. This is the difference from professional SL Models and those who aren't.


This is Shenandoah Saintlouis
I had problems with Shenndoah, seeing her right. Or her hair and lashes were poorly editted or something happened (lag was all around and Shenandoah was the only SL Model I saw with "hair and lashes" problems).








This is Summer Deadlight

Clean also, as a SL Model. She chose good poses, different ones. Very good!!




Again, magical!!



Excellent work with posing with the following outfit. Absolutely magical outfit and so difficult to pose with.


This is Takeshi Kiama

Magical again!! Takeshi did great!








This Fashion Show was so complete, so magical, so creative that it was hard (even for me) to look at the mistakes or details.
As an observer, I just wish that Fashion Industry in Second Life could be as professional as what I saw in Swansong Show with Avenue Models!

Pure magic, professionalism and group work!!! Simply AMAZING!!

No comments: