JCS Fashion Show

Saturdays are always busy days in SL Fashion.
Lots of Fashion Shows, I can't watch them all, of course. So, I decided to watch JCS Models, a new fashion Agency in SL. Some of the SL Models present here are experienced though.


- First of all, I'd like to say that I'm not a photographer, so imagine this show was held at a very "famous" SL Auditorium (supposed to be the "best of the best" lol) , one of the laggiest I've been to, I'm afraid.
To take a photo here, takes forever. I did my best. You'll see that some attachments , outfits, hair are not fully rezzed, sometimes.

The feeling I got from this Fashion Show was discoordination. There were times when there were like 3 or 4 SL Models on the runway and some of them seemed not supposed to be there. That was the feeling I got.

I didn't get to take as many photos as I use to: besides the auditorium, extremely laggy, this show coordination was too fast for a place like that.
Models needed more time to rezz completely. Some photos I cannot post here, because the SL Model is simply not rezzed.

This is Cheryl Genira.
Here, she is wearing an emoter. Unless the designer specifically asks to, SL Models shouldn't wear them. I saw no other Model with an emoter, so I assume it was not a requirement and that Cheryl is not a trained SL Model or she would know this. She was below average.

This is Enchanteddreams Bebb.

Besides the lag and not fully rezzed (not her responsability in this case), her hands are inside her skirt.


Here, Enchanteddreams has styled herself in a very elegant way. This pose was a good choice.

Now, on your left Cheryl Genira. On your right Lorelei Maggs.

Both with good poses. Lorelei stood out clearly, though.

This is Monica Balut.


Simple, good pose. She did well.

Not easy to wear a wedding gown and a corset in her hands. Monica did well. Could be more styled up, though.

This is Nani Wrigglesworth.

Good pose for a gown. This avatar is , somehow, a little "common" in my opinion. Needs to style up more. I guess even in SL, elegance comes from within.

This is Seashell Dench.

This avatar was the more styled in this show. I mean, she changed through the outfits. With the right accessories, a good hair, hat and the boots, she "sold" a simple outfit like this one.

Again, Seashell shows a great styling. She stroke me as being discrete, not flashy and extremely elegant. She was the only SL Model in the show that took her time, posed longer. Good, for the place where the show was held. Good poses for a gown like this, the hand that seems to be inside her skirt, I zoomed in, it's the long sleeve of the gown. I couldn't do the snapshot to show you in more detail. She was using an animated pose, so she moved.

And still, if you watch carefully, the upper dress is not fully rezzed. That auditorium is terrible for Fashion Shows!! Again, very elegant! Both Seashell Dench and Lorelei Maggs were the best SL Models in this show. Both discrete, showed the outfits and "sold" them. That's what a Model does.

In general, it was a very fast show for that runway. Most of the times, I couldn't take a snapshot at the moment I wanted to.

Actually, I think that no Fashion Shows should be held there. It's laggy; we, the audience are too far away from the runway.
Everybody that holds an event like this in such a place, should always count on the usual (even worse) difficulties we have in SL (lag, chat lag, crashing, etc).

Not worth paying to rent a place like this. But well, someone must make a living, right?

So, this particular auditorium is "said" to be the best in SL, counts with the resources of 4 sims, etc etc etc.

I must introduce you to a friend of mine that has private islands in SL and could explain, better than me, why using the resources of 4 sims in a single place causes even more lag. But , hey, someone has to pay $1000 of RL money - a monthly tier for 4 private 5 class sims! (Are they 4? whatever...)

I love SL, really! People can pay L$100 to open a Group, call themselves "King of whatever" "SL Top Models" or "Owner" (I simply love the "owner" tag lol). I imagine that gives some people a huge feeling of the power they don't have in their real lives.

No comments: